3 Ways to Remove Animal Hair and Allergens

When you have pets, chances are fur will get on your projects and clothes. Best thing to do is to keep your supplies out of your pet's reach. My cats love to sleep on my fleece fabrics if I ever leave them out.

(Disclaimer: I'm not sponsored by any brands shown, I've just used these brands before and I'm using them as an example.)

1. Washing Fabrics is the Best Bet.


Provided your washer and dryer are clean of fur, sending your items through the wash can be the best option. For stuffed animals or dolls, I suggest putting the item in a pillow case and setting your washer and dryer settings to delicate.

However, sometimes you have no time, or the item in question is too delicate. Machine sewn items might far better in a washing machine, but hand-stitches might come undone, or stuffing might become lopsided.

And beware washing fake furs, I've done it before and the furs came out clumpy and knotted. I'm sure brushing it all out might help, but if you can save yourself the hassle, I'd avoid machine washing fake furs unless I had to.

2. Lint Rollers and Allergen Blocker


Classic lint rollers can pick up hairs, but an allergen blocker spray can combat any left over allergens.

I've used "Nature's Miracle Allergen Blocker" before, just to be safe. I let people know I have pets in my home, and projects might come in contact with allergens, but it can't hurt to be too careful.


3. Silicone Lint Remover


My cats love to sleep on my clothes, and it's really sweet and adorable. But fur becomes embedded into my leggings constantly. Not to mention the state of the carpet. I have a rubbery, silicone lint remover, and it really works wonders.

I get immediate results, and I save money on lint rollers. Seriously, save some money and buy one of these babies, they're not that expensive compared to how many lint rollers you'll end up going through.



[Image Source]













Comments